Friday 7 January 2011

Steampunk

I've been hit by a bug, it's hard and shiny and it's great! I spent this morning flitting in and out of second-hand shops and boutiques in Clifton (Bristol) I picked up some great finds to turn into funky SteamPunky jewellery. My best finds this week though came from a Timspon's key cutting shop. Their rubbish bin turned out dozens of keys in various shapes and sizes and this awesome watch-strap which made this Choker. They even gave me a little bag of metal glitter, offcuts from the key-cutting machine. They are very shiny but super sharp so I'm going to have to think of a safe way to incorporate them.
Besides picking up random bits and pieces my mission today was to find some shops that will sell my work. I found two perfect little stores called 'I Love Crafty' and 'Bamonte Clothing' (you should check them out) They are complete opposites, one's fluffy and pink and sells fairy cakes while the other is a bit more edgy but they are both awesome!
Anyway enjoy the weekend,
Lu.
Today was a day of many crazy processes from hand dying old lace with red onions to pulling massive parts of metal apart. After much discussion and many cups of tea we (Luna, Taz, Genie and Lucy) crammed into the tiny little studio and rummaged through a box of metal scraps. There was anything and everything to be found and we were all quickly consumed by the excitement of piecing together our junk to form beautiful controlled mess. 
..Tazie..

No comments:

Post a Comment